I am very grateful to Currie Rose and to Holistic Me for nominating “Influence Versus Control” for the Kreativ Blogger Award! Currie has been very supportive of my little corner of the blogosphere. Currie has a great blog entitled “Based on a True Story”, which brings truth, humor, and a positive spirit. Holistic Me summarizes her own blog with the Ralph Waldo Emerson, “Life is a journey, not a destination.” I definitely agree with Holistic Me’s philosophy that we “are responsible for our own health and our own well-being. “ I encourage you to stop by these blogs because they are awesome!
The Kreativ Blogger Award works in a similar way to a chain mail, in that if you are nominated, you then nominate seven other blogs for the award in order to accept.
To those I nominate (and for everyone else), here are the rules:
▪ Thank the nominating blogger and provide a link to that blog
▪ Spread the love by nominating seven other bloggers, including their links
▪ Tell your readers seven things they may not already know about you
So, here are seven things about me:
- I grew up in Berkeley California. The odd thing about growing up in Berkeley is that people can have a preconceived notion about what those crazy Bezerkley people. When growing up I loved all of the café’s in the Telegraph Avenue area. I also loved going to the original Peet’s coffee. Ummm, coffee.
- My mother was an Art History Librarian and UC Berkeley. She was in charge of the Italian collection. I know very little about art history.
- My father was a soil engineer. However, I did not end up being good at math.
- I received my undergraduate degree in Psychology at University of California at Davis. For the record, I did not get into Berkeley.
- After UC Davis, I spent about a year as a substitute teacher for special education classes. This experience was influential in my career decision of becoming an occupational therapist in school-based practice.
- I went to “The Ohio State University” for OT school. Spending a few years with actual winter makes me appreciate the weather that I currently experience in San Diego.
- I am in the process of writing a book. I started “Influence Versus Control” to encourage me to write on a regular basis.
And my nominees for the Kreativ Blogger Award are (in no particular order!):
- David Kanigan – Great thoughts, quotes and images about choosing a positive response.
- A leaf in springtime – Inspiring art and ideas
- Jay the Baker – A sweat dose of positivity daily
- Goss Coaching – Great advice on getting where you want to go in life.
- Looking at the Sky – Best described by the author: “My thought today is to keep moving forward. Looking for new things to create. Finding new ideas that inspire you to move forward and learn more.”
- Momentum of Joy – “Where spirituality meets reality”.
- A Kiss of Bliss – Positive art and great ideas. Well written and encouraging.
Thank you all!