March 30, 2012
I am very grateful to “Simply Charming” for the nomination for the “Sunshine Award”. I love how this awards was presented to me. Thank you for the fun and the appreciation.
The Rules: *made to be broken*
- Include the award Logo(s) in a post or in your blog.
- Answer 10 question about your self.
- Nominate 10 to 12 other fabulous bloggers.
- Link your nominees to the post and comment on their blog, letting them know about the award.
- Share the love and link the person who nominated you.
The Questions: (and answers from a man of few words)
- . What is your Favorite color? Blue
- . What is your favorite animal? Dog
- . What is your favorite non-alcoholic drink? Coffee
- . Do you prefer Facebook or Twitter? Facebook, if I absolutely had to choose.
- . What’s your passion? Supporting students with special needs.
- . What’s your Favourite pattern? Mandelbrot sets
- . Do you prefer giving or getting presents? Giving
- . What’s your favourite number? Seven
- . Favourite day of the week? Saturday
- . Favorite flower…
Now it is time to give “props” to some awesome bloggers. And the nominations for the “Sunshine Blogger Award” are.
I hope that you all enjoy the fun and appreciation of the sunshine award! You have all brought me more sunlight (he said going for the most obvious of cliche’s).
March 26, 2012
First and foremost, I would like to show my appreciation to Marcy King at http://orples.wordpress.com/ for the nomination of the 7 X 7 Link award. Marcy has been very encouraging of “Influence Versus Control” and she always provides great comments. Marcy’s site includes great information about her children’s books as well as some cool photography.
And now, the rules for the 7 X 7 Link Award
- Give thanks and acknowledgements to the blogger who nominated you for this award
- List 7 of your previous links in the following categories. Most Helpful, Most Popular, Most Beautiful Piece, Most Controversial, Most Surprisingly Successful, Most Underrated, Most Pride Worthy)
- List 7 things about yourself.
- Nominate 7 other bloggers for this award.
Here are my SEVEN Links:
1.) Most Helpful - Setting Personal Goals
2.) Most Popular - Personal Responsibility
3.) Most Beautiful Piece - People First!
4.) Most Controversial - Identity
5.) Most Surprisingly Successful - Being Sick
6.) Most Underrated - Find Your Passion!
7) Most Pride Worthy - Scripting For Emotional Success
SEVEN things about myself (Andrew Gilbert)
- The most important thing to me is being a good father. I prioritize spending time with my children as much as possible.
- My wife, Emily Dolton, is an inspiring member of the local community and she does much as she can to address the needs of people with special needs. She is also an amazing artist/ muralist (http://www.insideemilyshead.com/)
- I have a child that has “special needs”. I definitely feel that his needs do not define him and are just an attribute (see People First blog). The love that I have learned from this “little guy” and overcoming his early health obstacles have been the main inspiration for changing my overall life outlook from “totally cynical” to a “recovering cynic”.
- As a “recovering cynic”, I admit that I am not perfect. I have not “been to the mountain top”, but I have seen postcards. I practice every day to be more positive and collect more data to reinforce a more optimistic worldview.
- As a school based occupational therapist, I have collaborated on two programs that utilize movement as an instructional strategy. One of these programs was demonstrated to improve vision skills, the other was demonstrated to improve handwriting / penmanship for Kindergarten students. I feel that movement is vital for all of us and that movement is a vital instructional strategy. (http://occupationaltherapystrategies.com/)
- I love to surf. It helps clear my brain and it is great exercise!
- When the surf is blown out or too small, I like mountain biking.
For this award, I did my best to “spread the love around”. There are some great bloggers that I follow I want to acknowledge Jay Rondo for the Versatile Blogging nomination and “a kiss of bliss” for the “Very Inspiring Blogger Award”. Thanks again to Marcy King at http://orples.wordpress.com/ for the nomination of the 7 X 7 Link award!
The SEVEN nominated bloggers for the 7 X 7 Link Award are:
- http://davidkanigan.com/ – For positive words and art.
- http://positivecookieattitudes.wordpress.com – More than just positive baking advice. Consistent positive blogging action!
- http://identityspecialist.net/ – Total honest, in your face blogging action!
- http://gyatoday.wordpress.com/ – This blog reminds us that it is always better to give than receive.
- http://everythingvnothing.wordpress.com/ – This blog provides consistent inspiration.
- http://momentumofjoy.wordpress.com/ – The name says it all. This blog keeps the joy moving.
- http://currierose.wordpress.com/ – A wonderful spirit! I love the whimsy and honesty.
Thank you very much for stopping by “Influence Versus Control”. Please stop by and say “Hello” to the great bloggers listed in this award.